I believe you can have it all.

You had a baby. Or a couple of babies. And you thought you’d go back to work, but then… you didn’t. Or you did, but you hate it. Or you didn’t, and you feel like you’re missing a part of yourself. Or you don’t hate your job, but you hate the hours. Or the people.

People tell you, “You have to choose. You can’t be a great mom and have a great career.” Those people? Those people suck. Those people are wrong. You can have it all. You can stay home with your kids and have an amazing career. You can do work you enjoy and be present for your children.

You can write your own success story as a freelance writer. I can show you exactly what you need to do to start your career even if you have no experience. On the blog, you’ll find plenty of step-by-step instructions for everything from finding the time to write to creating a writing resume that will help you land real freelance writing jobs — the kind that pay real money.

Successful Freelance Mom is written for you, the mom — and for you, the successful freelance writer building an amazing new career. I am passionate about helping you figure out how to have it all — because you can.

Why Can’t I Find Clients?

So… how do I find clients? Where should I go to look for clients? My biggest challenge is finding clients. At the moment, questions and comments like this are, like, 87% of my inbox. The other 13% is the stuff I email myself so that I won’t forget about it. And then I...

read more

How to Write an Email Sequence and Sell More Stuff

The most important thing you can do to start earning good money as a freelance writer is to choose your niche — to figure out what you write and who you write it for. My niche is writing email sequences and sales pages for smart women entrepreneurs. By the way, a...

read more

How to Write a Magazine Article: My Process

When you think about writing magazine articles, maybe you picture yourself sitting at a pristine desk, a view of the ocean out the window. You have your steaming cup of coffee, your laptop is ready and waiting, and you sit, hands poised over the keys. Or maybe, you’re...

read more

How You Procrastinate Without Realizing It

Recently, a friend of a friend posted that she was getting started in freelance writing. It always excites me to hear that someone is getting started in freelance writing, because I think it’s a great way to earn a real living on your own terms. This woman — I’ll call...

read more

Hi! I’m Abbi, and I’m excited that you’re here! I started this blog so that I could provide you with all the information I wish I’d had when I started working as a freelance writer all those years ago.

How to write good emails and sell more” width=

Want to be a freelance writer? This FREE 5-day email course will get you started!Tell me more!